- Note: All information on this page is abridged as this Wiki focuses on the "On Parade" franchise. To see more information of Kaguya in relation to the first series that she appeared in, please visit Kaguya Shirayuri on the Aikatsu Friends! wikia.
- "Gaze up at the moon and bathe in its radiance, Princess Kaguya!"
– Kaguya before her performance
|Affiliation||Star Harmony Academy|
|Data Carddass Game||Data Carddass Aikatsu Friends! Part 4|
|Anime||Aikatsu Friends! Episode 19 - Let it Reach! Friends' Power|
Kaguya Shirayuri (白百合かぐや) is a character in the Aikatsu on Parade! series and was one of the main characters of the first and second season of the Aikatsu Friends! series. She is a student of the idol division at Star Harmony Academy. Kaguya is a cool-type idol whose preferred brand is Moon Maiden. Along with her elder twin sister Sakuya Shirayuri, the two are a part of Reflect Moon.
Kaguya resembles Sakuya, having the same, magenta downward angled eyes and wavy hairstyle. The key differences being that she wears purple ribbons on each side of her head, and the color is opposite of Sakuya's, being midnight blue on top with an ombre of silvery-blue from the neck down.
As of Season 2, Kaguya now wears burgundy ribbons on each side of her head.
When she was a kindergartener, Kaguya adapted the style of high pigtails held up with purple ribbons, in which shifted its height to a regular pigtail at around elementary school, held up with a similar ribbon with lavender frills, in which the design has been carried on and adapted to the current ribbons that Kaguya often wears.
She is more energetic than her twin sister. However, she sometimes doubts her own idol potential. She is a sophisticate girl, and she usually encourage others.
During her childhood, Kaguya always feels that she is useless and a burden to her sister. Overtime, Kaguya is being more independent and trying her best to become an idol that worthy belong side with her sister.
- Kaguya's elder twin sister whom she admires greatly. Kaguya has always tried to follow in her sister's footsteps but feels terrible because she cannot become the prodigy like her sister. But despite that, knowing that Sakuya was and would always be with her lets Kaguya realize the love and warmth that the two sisters share.
- Mushirō is Kaguya and Sakuya's manager.
Shirayuri (白百合) means white lily.
Kaguya (かぐや) is a reference to Princess Kaguya, the central character of the Japanese folktale The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter who comes from the moon. Her name is commonly written in kanji as "赫映", meaning radiant.
- "That's because the most brilliant idol is no other than Sakuya onee-sama!"
– Kaguya Shirayuri
- "What are you talking about? One plus one is obviously two. In what universe could it possibly be infinity? You're speaking nonsense. Go back to arithmetic class and start your education over. Dismissed."
– Kaguya to Aine
- "Unlike you, perfect in everything you tried, I was perpetually mired in mediocrity. No matter how much effort I put in I couldn't be like you. I hated it."
– Kaguya to Sakuya
- "It was then where I remembered: the fact that I never wanted to lose the warmth from you again."
– Kaguya to Sakuya
- "You and I alone are fragments. Alternatively, we are two halves of the moon. When we gather, we can light the stage with our radiant light and become a full moon."
– Kaguya to Sakuya
- "If I can shine going solo, I should be able to elevate Onee-sama to a radiance far beyond that of a full moon."
– Kaguya to Mio
- Kaguya and Sakuya's birthday, June 9, when connecting the numerical digits together (69), resembles two halves of a moon coming together, referencing the twins' relationship of completing each other.
- Furthermore 6+9 equals 15 (十五), a reference to Jūgoya (十五夜 lit. fifteenth night), alluding to the Moon-Viewing Festival (also known as Mid-Autumn Festival) that takes place on the fifteenth day of the eigth month of the traditional Japanese calendar or Chinese lunar calendar.
- She likes singing.
- She admires her older twin sister, Sakuya.
- Her specialty is ballet.
- Sakuya and Kaguya are the first twin idols in the Aikatsu! franchise.
- She is the third idol in the entire Aikatsu! franchise to temporarily travel abroad following Ichigo Hoshimiya and Koharu Nanakura.
- Kaguya is the ninth character in the Aikatsu! franchise to have ombre hair, following Sora Kazesawa, Nina Dōjima from the original Aikatsu! series, Yume Nijino, Yozora Kasumi, Lily Shirogane from the Aikatsu Stars! series, as well as Aine Yūki, Mio Minato and Sakuya Shirayuri.
- She is the fourteenth character overall in the Aikatsu! franchise to have dual colored hair, following Sora Kazesawa, Mikuru Natsuki, Rin Kurosawa, Nina Dōjima from the original Aikatsu! series, Yume Nijino, Tsubasa Kisaragi, Yozora Kasumi, Lily Shirogane, Elza Forte and Kirara Hanazono from the Aikatsu Stars! series, as well as Aine Yūki, Mio Minato and Sakuya Shirayuri.