- Note: All information on this page is abridged as this Wiki focuses on the "On Parade" franchise. To see more information of Maika in relation to the first series that she appeared in, please visit Maika Chōno on the Aikatsu Friends! wikia.
- "Let the curtains of my festival rise!"
– Maika before her performance
|Affiliation||Star Harmony Academy|
|Data Carddass Game||Data Carddass Aikatsu Friends! Part 1|
|Anime||Aikatsu Friends! Episode 05 - Just Like a Butterfly, Maika!|
Maika Chōno (蝶乃舞花) is a character in the Aikatsu on Parade! series and was one of the main characters of the first and second season of the Aikatsu Friends! series. She is a student of the idol division at Star Harmony Academy. Maika is a sexy-type idol whose preferred brand is Dancing Mirage. Along with Ema Hinata, the two are a part of Honey Cat.
Maika has fair skin and slanted blue eyes. Her curled, pink-violet hair is worn loose with an amount of it pulled into a bun on the right of her head. A pearl chain hangs from this with a tiny gold butterfly charm and a droplet gem. She has thick layered bangs with an off-center split and a few loose strands. Her curled forelocks are chest-length.
As of season two, Maika now also wears a dark purple scrunchie around her bun.
Maika is a mysterious and cool girl who is known to have an adult-like charm with dignity, leaving others with a sexy impression.
Deep down inside, she is a very hot-blooded and passionate girl, born from her love for festivals since she was young. This developed her excellent ability to play sports and dance.
Maika grows up in a family that runs a boxing club, which build up her strong and enthusiasm characteristic
- Ema is Maika's partner in their friends unit, Honey Cat. They bonded over the fact that they have the same goal despite their completely different personalities.
- Maika was drawn to Aine after her first performance, knowing that she would be a strong rival.
- Tamaki is Maika's manager, along with Aine, Mio and Ema.
- Maika's father.
- Maika's mother.
- Maika's elder brother who is very observant of his sister's feelings and needs.
Chōno (蝶乃) - Chō (蝶) means butterfly and no (乃) is a Chinese character used as a possessive particle, now only used in personal names. Together, her surname can mean "of the butterflies".
Maika (舞花) - Mai (舞) means dance and ka (花) means flower.
- "Did you think this would be a piece of cake? Save your cake for dessert!"
– Maika Chōno
- "Oh? Isn't this getting exciting!"
– Maika's catchphrase
- "Only true friends open their hearts when they clash with each other."
– Maika to Aine
- "Dessert is sweet, but the world is not!"
– Maika to Aine
- Her birthday, August 8th, is known as Butterfly Day in Okinawa, Japan, as the number 8 resembles a butterfly when sideways.
- August 8th is also International Cat Day, alluding to Maika and Ema's unit, Honey Cat.
- By crossing Maika and Ema's birth month with each other's birth date (August×21 and March×8), based on the Japanese pronounciation of the numbers, it can be read as 8 2 1 (ハニー hanī, lit. Honey) and 3 8 (みつばち mitsubachi, lit. bee), once again alluding to their unit.
- She shares her birthday with Haruka☆Ruka from the Aikatsu Stars! series.
- Her favorite activity is going to festivals.
- Her favorite food is dango.
- She is afraid of ghosts and heights.
- Her specialties are dance and boxercising.
- In her daily life, she's passionate about supporting local soccer teams.