- Note: All information on this page is abridged as this Wiki focuses on the "On Parade" franchise. To see more information of Orihime in relation to the first series that he appeared in, please visit Orihime Mitsuishi on the Aikatsu! wikia.
|Anime||Aikatsu! Episode 01 - I Can Become an Idol?|
Orihime is an adult woman with dark blue eyes and medium-length, curly brown hair. She has a blue color scheme and is depicted in a fashionable suit with a powder blue scarf around her neck.
Orihime is a kind yet stern woman. She sometimes acts as a voice of guidance for the idols of Starlight School and rarely loses her cool. She is shown to be rather patient and has a high degree of faith in the idols of Starlight, especially Ichigo and her friends. In the anime, Orihime always keeps track of the activity going with her idols and tends to, as Johnny puts it, "search for excitement". Despite the fact that this claim was proved many times in the series, Orihime never truly denies it.
Orihime was once a member of the legendary idol unit Masquerade and was known as "Hime" (ヒメ lit. Princess). At the peak of Masquerade's popularity, she and her partner, Miya, disbanded with Hime removing her mask, and Miya leaving the stage without doing the same. As of now, Orihime is the current headmistress of Starlight School.
Mitsuishi (光石) Mitsu (光) means light, and Ishi (石) means stone.
Orihime (織姫) means the weaving princess. This name also belonged to the weaving princess in the popular folktale of "The Weaver Girl and the Cowherd", and is celebrated during the Tanabata. Orihime is also the Japanese name of the star Vega.
- "So long as you continue forward as an idol, one day you'll come to understand. That the cheers of your fan can become the fuel that lets you run past your limits. "
– Orihime to Raki
- She is sometimes called "Gakuen Mother" (lit. Academy Mother) by Johnny Bepp.
- Orihime is shown to be commonly annoyed by Johnny's various antics at times.
- She is the first known idol to have a beauty mark, followed by Sora Kazesawa and Nono Daichi.